Tuesday 28 June 2011

Still loving my Tattoo


Six months on and I'm still loving my tattoo...how weird is it that I waited almost 20 years to get a bloody tattoo done. I don't know why I never did it years ago, maybe the constant "don't do it, you will regret it for the rest of your life' speech played a big part. Or the fear of my parents disowning me, that look off disappointment in there eyes.. 'what have you done to yourself'  kinda look...
But then I woke up one morning and just went for it.... had the design copied and ready, £200 in my pocket, and a belly full of courage.
Take a seat the guy said, it will take about 3 to 4 hours to do, do you want a coffee??, whiskey please I replied!!!
Then it began, the buzzing, the ever constant buzzing, then the first prick of the needle on my flesh... and to my amazement it didn't hurt a bit. That was until he started to get closer to the bone, and when he started shading in that really bloody hurt...
But as you can see i was loving it watching him massacre my arm, my design was special, and important to me, as was the writing going below the tattoo. Since a child i have loved the hero Achilles, and tales of his adventures with his myrmidons, the bravest of all soldiers in ancient Greece.
My uncle in Italy before he died bless him, told me once to model myself as a Myrmidon, Brave, selfless, courageous, unfaltering, stand up for what you believe, nobody can hurt you attitude, even invincible at times.
So After 4 hours I became that Myrmidon, that tattoo has helped me everyday since my separation, every morning I look at it and it makes me smile.
It reminds me, of who I have become, and for What i stand for in life..... I really do love my tattoo.. roll on the next one :-)

1 comment:

  1. Luciano... what an amazing story... your first blog and I am your first follower...

    Thanks for sharing!
    Pete

    ReplyDelete